Using Characters in Holiday Subject Lines - Tips you’ll Love
A tactic that can really help your message stand out in an over-crowded email inbox is to use special characters in the subject line.
Listrak 5.2 gives you the ability to add the characters easily using a drop down menu:
But, before you start adding them to every subject line, there are a few things you should know:
- Special characters work best if they start and end the subject line - that way they really stand out
- If the subject line doesn’t begin with the symbol, at least make sure it is within the first 20 characters to ensure it will be viewed on a mobile device
- You should never use different symbols in the same subject line
- Try to use the characters to replace words, don’t just add them to add them
- Some characters won’t render properly in every email client - be sure to test the subject lines first
- Don’t overuse them - they should be used to add emphasis in one or two emails per month - if you use them in every message you could look like a spammer
- Do an A/B split test to see if the subject lines boost the open and conversion rates
- Monitor deliverability of the messages
- Watch what your competitors are doing and be different - stars and snowflakes are common symbols used during the holidays
- Have fun and be creative with them
When used correctly, special characters in subject lines can boost open rates 10-15%. If you have any questions, let us know!