Transactional commerce focuses on customer acquisition and individual sales whereas relationship commerce shifts the focus towards the customer, emphasizing loyalty and long-term customer engagement. To truly transition to relationship commerce, organizations need to connect with shoppers in new ways. Download this guide to learn how to offer meaningful reasons for shoppers to interact with your brand – through video tutorials, how-to articles, product care guides and other content related to the site visitor’s needs.
Organizations that adopt a content marketing strategy and move towards relationship commerce experience the following benefits:
- Shoppers view the brand as a subject matter expert, giving it an edge over Amazon
- Increase in customer engagement, loyalty and lifetime value
- Ability to stay top of mind during buying cycle
- Maximization of the brand’s content creation investment
- Improvement in the customer’s experience after the purchase
- Higher growth potential as customer retention leads to more revenue than new customer acquisition