Unwrap: Today’s Digital Best Practices
- Analyze last year’s holiday email performance data to help optimize your 2018 campaigns.
- Increasing your send volume during the holidays is a given, but it can take a hit on your unsub rate. Inform your subscribers in August and September, and create an opt-down page to help decrease the total number of unsubs.
- Listrak’s Popup Pro offers a “maybe later” button feature. This is a great way to allow your shoppers to see your popup offer when it’s most relevant to them - later in their shopping experience. This functionality may help save sales.
- Set up an automated, re-engagement campaign to keep your site traffic engaged. Work closely with your Account Manager and the Deliverability Team to ensure messages are deployed at the proper cadence.
- Gift guides are a must-click for shoppers. Send a series of emails promoting yours, highlighting a product that is showcased through relevant content. Create a webpage specifically dedicated to the gift guide with all the products available to buy from the email series using Listrak’s Product Recommendations.
- Mystery code campaigns still see a lot of success. Hold off showing the potential discounts the shopper could receive until they reach their shopping cart. This is a great way to drive click rates, cart totals (for SCA), and revenue.
- It’s an omnichannel holiday. Maximize engagement with browsers and subscribers in their preferred channel – Email, SMS, Social, Direct Mail.
Unwrap: New Opportunities & Actionable Strategies
- Begin split testing subject lines, pre-header text, and calls to action. The more data you have available, the better it is to ensure holiday success.
- Split test sale messages now for time-of-day success so you know the best time to send on those important dates during the holidays.
- Use Send Time Optimization for top-of-the-inbox placement. To maximize ROI, email content that isn’t necessarily time-sensitive (non-sales) should be delivered when the subscriber is most likely to engage.
- Connect with disengaged email subscribers (those who haven’t opened in 90 days) via a different channel - SMS, Social, or Direct Mail.
- Segment and speak to disengaged, active non-purchasers, purchasers and VIPs differently using Dynamic Content, Product Recommendations and Predictive Content.
- Use Dynamic Content with contact behavior filters to show similar products purchased to customers based on what they previously purchased, especially if they are on sale for the holiday.
Unwrap: Insights to Engage & Convert
- Increase your deliverability to the inbox by ensuring your branding settings and authentication is working correctly before the holidays.
- Test your messages to make sure they render correctly and that all the links and images are going to the correct landing pages.
- Swap usual email templates with holiday-themed ones - but stick to your brand.
- Have fun with a themed hashtag. Engage with your customers across your social channels by encouraging them to post pictures of their festivities and tagging your holiday-themed hashtag.
- Be intentional with your CTAs. Make sure emails aren't cluttered with too many options so shoppers will feel confident on where to go for the best holiday deals.
- Inboxes are filled with holiday sales and greetings. Consider how well you can stand out from all the other subject lines to increase open rates.
- Keep it simple. While holiday cheer is lovely, don't lose your brand and products in the message. A few small touches go a long way.
- Drive traffic instore and increase your bottom line. Use Dynamic Content to match your subscriber’s location to your nearest store.
- Use Listrak Conductor to create a countdown conversation that leads up to a holiday sale. The conversation can have the customers wait, and then pulled out with child threads when they show activity.