Reasons for Cart Abandonment
Learn what they are and how Listrak's shopping cart abandonment solution recovers that lost revenue.
Shopping cart abandonment occurs when a shopper begins your checkout process but doesn't finish it. A big problem for ecommerce as it results in 71% lost conversions a day!
Practical eCommerce cited these causes of cart abandonment:
- High shipping charges: 46%
- Wanted to comparison shop: 37%
- Lack of money: 36%
- Wanted to look for a coupon: 27%
- Wanted to shop offline: 26%
- Couldn't find preferred pay option: 24%
- Item was unavailable at checkout: 23%
- Couldn't find customer support: 22%
- Concerned about security of credit card data: 21%
Increasing eCommerce Cart Conversions
There are a number of updates you can make to your checkout process to decrease abandonment. Some are:
- Provide out-of-stock notifications on product pages when items are unavailable and offer shoppers an easy way to receive notifications when they are restocked
- Reveal shipping rates early in the process
- Make it easy to contact customer support
Reaching Beyond the Store
Though the optimizations above can be effective, they are limited to your online storefront. Our shopping cart abandonment solution reaches beyond the store with timely, relevant, email remarketing messages. These result in increased cart conversions, and ultimately, increased revenue.
How Much Could You Recoup?
Find out instantly with our abandoned cart recovery calculator.